Neck pain is a common problem with many possible causes. Poor posture, hunching over a computer, arthritis, whiplash, and muscle strain from simple things like reading in bed or grinding your teeth can all trigger neck pain.
In rare cases, neck pain can be a sign of something serious. Seek immediate attention if your neck pain is accompanied by severe headache, shooting pain in your shoulder or arm, numbness or loss of strength in your arms or hands, trouble speaking, swallowing or walking, blurred vision or loss of balance.
Your neck is part of your spine which runs from the base of your skull to the bottom of your back. Keeping your back safe and strong also protects your neck.
How to Prevent Neck Pain
Try these tips to help prevent neck pain:
- Warm up before and stretch out after physical activities such as sports, gardening or other household projects.
- Stretch after an hour of television viewing or sitting at the computer.
- Work on your posture both standing and seated to keep your spine properly aligned.
- Make sure your work station is ergonomic with good low back support.
- Drink water to keep the disks of your spine hydrated.
Some things to avoid:
- Cradling a phone on your shoulder
- Falling asleep on the arm of the sofa
- Thin pillows that provide no neck support
Taking a few preventative measures will help reduce your chances of neck pain and keep you discomfort free.
Pain Relief is Here!
At Corbett Family Chiropractic, we provide relief from back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain, headache and migraine, whiplash, strains and sprains, repetitive strain injury, work and sports related injuries, hand pain, arthritis and limited range of motion in the back, neck, shoulder and other limbs. We can also help address issues arising from breast cancer mastectomy surgery (such as restricted range of motion (ROM) and lymphedema) or from the side effects of radiation, chemotherapy and psychosocial challenges.
Explore Our Services
- Chiropractic Care – distinctive, quality chiropractic care and education
- Breast Cancer Care
- Scar Therapy
- Graston Technique
- Myofascial Therapy
- Registered Massage Therapy
- TCM and Acupuncture
- Nutritional Counseling
- Reflexology & Reiki
- Rehabilitation Products
Subscribe to our blog: https://www.corbettchiropractic.ca/subscribe-to-our-newsletter/ Visit our blog page for helpful information on a variety of health and wellness issues.
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/corbettfamilychiropractic/
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kathleen-nazar-corbett/
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/corbettfamilychiropractic/