Your feet are the foundation for movement. When you walk, every step you take exerts enough pressure to exceed your body weight. Running and sports exert even more. It makes sense to take care of your feet and make sure they’re getting all the support they need.
Fascinating Foot Facts
- There are 26 bones in each foot, representing 25% of all bones in the body.
- The strongest tendon in the body is the Achilles.
- The average Canadian walks around 6.5 kms a day.
- Your feet are not the same. One is often larger than the other and the gait pattern of your right is likely not the same of as your left.
- 75% of Canadians will experience some type of foot health problem during their lifetime.
- Your heel is the first point of contact when walking, then the side of your foot, then the ball of your foot and last, but not least, the big toe.
Problems with your feet and ankles can affect your entire body from bottom to top: feet, knees, hips, back, shoulders, neck. Properly supporting your feet, correcting foot abnormalities, and improving the function of a joint contribute to good spinal health. That’s where we come in.
Chiropractic and Orthotics – The Perfect Pair
Orthotics are devices (inserts or insoles) custom made specifically for your feet. They are designed to be worn in your footwear. Orthotics can be helpful for people of all ages and pursuits and can improve performance and mobility, reduce fatigue, prevent injuries, and reduce pain – whether you’re a hard-core athlete or casual weekend recreationalist.
It is important to consult with a healthcare professional to determine if orthotics are appropriate for your specific needs. We suggest orthotics only when we believe they will help you. Book an orthotics consultation and appointment with us.
How Chiropractic and Orthotics Can Help
Dr. Jim Corbett and Dr. Kathleen Corbett can assess your gait (manner of walking), as well as the mobility of the joints in your feet, legs, pelvis, and spine. Whether your sport of choice is golf, hockey, soccer, basketball, pickleball, gardening, dancing, bowling, dog walking or shopping – we can help you raise the performance bar comfortably.
Orthotics Can Be Used To Treat:
- Flat feet and high arches. Here’s how to determine your foot type.
- Supination and overpronation (excessive inward or outward rolling of the foot when walking or running)
- Plantar fasciitis
- Achilles tendonitis
- Shin splints
- Neuropathy and other diabetes-related foot conditions
- Pain or fatigue in your feet, ankles, knees, hips, back, shoulders, neck
We want to make sure your body is moving properly so you can get the most out of life! Living with pain or discomfort anywhere in your body can be draining – both physically and mentally. Book your orthotics consultation and appointment at Corbett Family Chiropractic today.